Pulled Over by the Police? Don't Forget to Follow These 6 Steps
Even the best drivers may find themselves the target of a police car’s sirens and flashing lights. When you're pulled over, be sure you following the protocol below to ensure you don't escalate the situation:
1. As soon as you realize you're being pulled over, use your turning signal and change lanes until you can stop in a place that is safe for both you and the officer. Then turn off your engine and roll down your window.
2. If it’s dark, put on your interior car lights and place your hand on the steering wheel so the officer feels safe and in control.
3. Wait for the police officer to ask for your driver's license and registration instead of trying to frantically look for your wallet or search in your glove compartment which could give the officer the wrong idea.
4. When interacting with the police officer, simply answer the questions and try to remain calm. When officers approach your car and begin talking to you they are looking for signs of illegal activity and your nervousness can suggest that you're hiding something, like an open liquor container or illegal substances.
5. An officer can ask you to get out of the car and pat you down if he or she believes you are a threat. Cooperate with police commands. ''Once the officer gives you a ticket or you get charged with a more serious violation you should contact a traffic attorney to represent you.
6. Consult with a traffic lawyer if you are given a ticket for a violation. An experienced traffic lawyer can probably get a reduction of points and penalty and even a dismissal for minor traffic offenses. While it may seem costly to you to hire a lawyer, it will save you time and money in the long term.
#Lawyer #lawyertraffic #SuspendedLicence #speedingticketlawyer #elimoore #westchestertrafficlaw #elimooretrafficlawyer #bronxtrafficlawyer #bronxtrafficlaw #nytrafficlawyer #trafficlawyerny #trafficlawnewrochelle #trafficviolations #WestchesterCountycriminalattorney #WestchesterCountylawyer #TrafficticketsBronx #trafficticketsWestchester #WhitePlainstrafficlawyer #westchestertrafficlawyer #textingwhiledriving