top of page
  • by Eli Moore Traffic Attorney


Traffic Tickets New York City

​Being convicted for a traffic violation can become a real headache—and an expense. For every traffic violation with which you are charged, if the traffic court finds you guilty you can face serious penalties, including having points added to your license. For example, in New York State, if you're convicted of speeding 25 miles over the posted speed limit you can receive 6 points on your license and if you are convicted of improper cell phone use you can receive 5 points on your license. In New York State, if you've had 11 points added to your driving record within an 18-month period, your driving license will be suspended. If you receive 6 or more points within an 18-month period, you will have to pay a $300 driver responsibility assessment fee. And the more points added to your driving license, the higher your car insurance premium. The good news is that after 18 months from the date of your traffic violation, the points you received will no longer count towards license suspension.

If you receive a ticket for a traffic violation in New York State, go to to find out exactly how many points may be at stake. Also, be sure to read my blog post: "Don't Plead Guilty to a Traffic Ticket Until You Read This! (

I advise my clients to take the defensive driving courses offered through the Points & Insurance Reduction Program ( . If you complete such a course, you may be able to eliminate up to four points from your driving record, plus reduce your car insurance rates by 10% or even more.

If you receive, a ticket for a moving violation, will probably want to contact an experienced traffic attorney who can handle your ticket swiftly and efficiently in order to minimize or even eliminate the serious penalties you could be facing. It is always worthwhile to protect your driver's license and keep your car insurance costs down.Eli Moore is a top traffic attorney in Westchester County and New York City. For a free consultation contact Eli Moore at or call (914) 725-0028.

bottom of page